Wednesday 27 February 2013

Variations on an Impress Dress

In my previous post, I mentioned one of my favourite baby girl dress patterns, the Impress Dress.  The first time I knit this pattern, it was for my little neighbour's first birthday and I made her this brown and pink version of the dress.


My next experiment was a blue, white and mauve version for my goddaughter . . .


Both of the above dresses were made with acrylic yarn from my collection.  I bought Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in the colour "Herb Garden" for the next dress I made.  I love the Homespun variegated yarn colours and in addition to feeling lovely and soft, it's also safe to machine wash and dry.


As a baby, Astrid wore it as a dress.


And now that she's is a little older, it's a tunic!


No comments:

Post a Comment