Monday 11 February 2013

Chunky Baby Hat

For this hat I used the leftover Sweet Georgia Yarns (summer dusk) from my Chunky Mittens for the first part of the hat, doing the ribbing pattern until the yarn ran out (9 rows).  Then I switched to an alpaca wool blend (70% alpaca, 30% wool) in a purple colour that I purchased locally from Prairie Fire Alpacas, located in Arelee, SK.


I knit the hat on size 10 (6mm) dpn and I used this free Cozy Cap - Knitting Pattern.  Because of the size of my yarn/needles/my gauge, I wound up using the size XXL cast on of 52 stitches, but followed the measurements for the infant sized hat (i.e. I knit until the hat measured 4" before doing the decrease). The top was done using the 5 stitch I-Cord suggested by the pattern's author.

Now I just need to find a chunky little baby to wear the hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment