Saturday 26 October 2013

Amigurumi Animals

After knitting a little purple bird for my goddaughter, my youngest son asked if I could make a bird for him. I'd used the Amigurumi Animal Friends knit pattern from etsy which is simple and straight forward so I quickly knit up a second bird, this time in red. I modified the pattern to knit it on four needles so that I could eliminate the back seam. Here is the creatively named "Little Reddy".


After seeing the second bird, my older son asked if I could make him something. I had recently taken Amigurumi Knits: Patterns for 20 Cute Mini Knits by Hansi Singh out from the library. I told him if he could find something he liked in that book, I would make it for him. He asked for the hermit crab.  After four false starts, I figured out the pattern.  It was by far the most challenging thing I have ever knit.  In addition to the complicated curving shell, there was the head and six limbs that needed to be stuffed and assembled.  The end result was good, but it won't be anything I'll be attempting again any time soon.  All of the animals were made with miscellaneous 100% acrylic yarn found in my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment