Tuesday 10 March 2015

A pod of Narwhals

My youngest asked me if I could knit him a narwhal and after a brief internet search I found this great Narwhal pattern. For his narwhal I used a blue wool blend that was a Value Village find and, as he requested, a bright red tusk with yarn from my acrylic collection. It turned out so well that my oldest asked if he could have a narwhal too. We headed over to Mouliné where he chose a grey merino wool, an Extra by Filati Yarns, and the tusk is knit from some Vintage by Berroco I had left over from the kilt hose I'd made.

I became narwhal inspired and bought this beautiful ball of multicoloured Azteca by Katia.


As an experiment, for my first narwhal from the ball, I modified the pattern to be half size. This little narwhal has now travelled to Australia to be with my wee friend Jasper.


I decided these would make great Christmas presents for my god daughter and her sisters, so with lots of yarn left in the ball, I modified the pattern to a three quarters size and knit three completely distinctive narwhals with the remainder of the yarn.


This pattern is easy and works up fast so I would recommend knitting narwhals for all the little whale lovers in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment