Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Tatted Embellishment

My most recent knit baby tunic needed an embellishment of some type.  I wanted something that would not affect the ability of the dress to be machine washed and dried so I decided that something removable would be the most practical.  I wanted something bright and cheerful to complement the darker blues of the dress and I knew that a delicate tatted flower would be perfect. It had been quite a few years since I'd done any tatting, but with the handy dandy The Learn How Book, I easily picked it up again.


This booklet belonged to my Grandmother and I consider it the quintessential go-to guide when I need to remember/relearn the basics of crocheting, knitting or tatting (I've never tried embroidery or hairpin lace . . .).

I found some of my old tatting shuttles, some crochet cotton and did a little internet searching for inspiration.  I winged it and made this little daisy.


I then attached it to a large (1cm diameter) snap.  Now on the snap, the daisy can be moved to different locations on the dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment